- The Century Dog is among the food options that celebrate Ohio Stadium's 100th anniversary.Photo: The Ohio State University
- Nachos are among traditional fan favorites on the menu once again this season.Photo: The Ohio State University
- The Notre Dame Burger will be available in the new Taste of the Competition section.Photo: The Ohio State University
- Jalapeno hot dogs are among the spicier fare.Photo: The Ohio State University
- Cornbread with all the "fixings" is among the Southern comfort food made in Ohio that fans can choose from.Photo: The Ohio State University
- Fans can choose sweet treats like this smashed cinnamon roll with pecans.Photo: The Ohio State University
Buckeye fans can choose from variety of new food options at Ohio Stadium
Technology will speed up transactions, enable delivery
Alongside traditional favorites like bratwurst, popcorn, pretzels and nachos, Buckeye fans can look forward to several new food options when they visit Ohio Stadium for home football games this season.
“We’re excited to offer fans a variety of game day options,” said Chris North, director of operations for Levy, the food and beverage supplier to the stadium. “There’s something for everyone.”
In observance of Ohio Stadium’s 100th anniversary, new options available throughout the stadium include Century Dog – a hot dog loaded with crispy bacon, diced tomato, shredded lettuce and chipotle avocado aioli.
“Fans can also order a 1922 Century Combo, which includes a hot dog, a refillable fountain soda and choice of candy,” North said.
Those who enjoy spicier fare can visit the Hot Seat cart in section 20 of C deck.
“The Hot Seat has a menu that caters to fans that are looking for a hotter flavor profile, featuring habanero and ghost peppers,” North said.
New local partners this year include Hot Chicken Takeover and Dirty Frank’s. Located in Section 35A, Hot Chicken Takeover features Southern comfort food made in Ohio like fried chicken and banana pudding. Dirty Frank’s, in Section 19A, offers an assortment of loaded hot dogs.
Another new option: Taste of the Competition burger carts in visiting team sections 8A and 10C.
“Taste of the Competition has a menu inspired by the flavors of the region from the visiting team and paired with a local adult beverage from that same region,” North said.
In addition to the new food options, innovative technology will be deployed to enhance the fan experience, including:
- Mobile ordering will be available in all permanent concession stands inside the stadium. The average order is ready in about three minutes.
- A new point-of-sale system throughout concessions will help speed up transaction times in a cashless environment.
- All concession locations will accept credit/debit cards and smartphone payments.
For all game day information, visit www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/gameday.