Classes cancelled Tuesday at Ohio State Columbus campus
Classes are cancelled on Ohio State's Columbus campus on Tuesday ( 2/16 ).
- As always, the Ohio State University Medical Center remains open 24 hours a day, as do other essential services such as public safety and residence halls.
- College and administrative units are closed.
- Depending on the nature of their work, essential employees may be required to report to work on campus or may be able to work from home.
- Students, faculty and staff should check Ohio State's web page (www.osu.edu) for updates and information about services that remain open.
- This message applies to the Columbus campus only. Decisions relating to regional campuses will be based on local conditions.
Ohio Union offices and information center at the Stadium -- more information at http://ohiounion.osu.edu/
Black Eyed Peas Concert: The Jerome Schottenstein Center events are updated on the schottensteincenter.com website
Facilities supported by American Electric Power may experience temporary outages, including street signals.
Campuses and Facilities
- Columbus Campus – Classes Cancelled – Essential staff must report.
- Newark Campus - Closed on Tuesday, February 16.
- Lima Campus - Open - All classes and events will continue, as scheduled.
- Marion Campus - Open - All classes and events will continue, as scheduled.
- Delaware Center - Closed - for Tuesday, February 16.
- Mansfield Campus – Open - All classes and events will continue, as scheduled.
- Wooster ATI / OARDC – Open - All classes and events will continue, as scheduled.
- Medical Center – Open
- Veterinary Medical Center – Open – for all appointments and emergencies.
- Child Care Center is open only for currently enrolled children of essential Ohio State personnel. For further information, call 292-4453.
- Science and Engineering Library - open all shifts (All other libraries are closed for the day)
- RPAC and ARC - All Recreational Sports facilities are operating on a normal schedule: RPAC, ARC, Jesse Owens centers
- The Wilce Student Health Center is open.
- The Faculty Club is closed
- Ohio State Airport open for operations. Flight Education and Administration closed.
DiningThese Campus Dining locations are open on a normal schedule:
- Morrill Fresh Express
- Kennedy Commons
- North Commons
- Lane Avenue
- Courtside Cafe
- Juice 2
- Library Campus Grinds
Closed or CancelledThe College of Dentistry's administrative offices, all clinics, and the dental faculty practice are closed today. All classes and special events are also cancelled today.
The Science & Engineering Library will remain open (it is a 24-hour operation). All other Columbus campus libraries are closed. Access to the Libraries' catalog and other databases is unaffected by the weather, and remains available at http://library.osu.edu.
The Wexner center is closed today, all scheduled events are cancelled.
Heart Healthy Forum "Knowledge is Power" at the Ross Heart Hospital
The Off-Campus Connect Fest
Tinariwen concert at Mershon Auditorium
OSU Urban Arts Space
Student Safety Services Escorts are not being offered Tuesday evening.
Gathering of Men: Bloody Lowndes Presentation at the Hale Center has been cancelled.
Campus Dining locations:
- Campus Grinds at Veterinary Medicine Administration Building
- Campus Grinds at Moritz College of Law
- Campus Grinds at McPherson Laboratory
- Oxley's by the Numbers Cafe
- PAD (Pizza At Drake)
SafetyUniversity Police reminds people to clear all windows on your vehicle as well as headlights, taillights and turn signals. Have emergency supplies in your vehicle including a blanket, hat, boots, flashlight, water, and a shovel.
Transportation and Parking
Due to the inclement weather and the announcement that The Ohio State University main campus cancelled classes today, Transportation & Parking Services will have limited services for February 16, 2010.
Transportation & Parking Services has raised the gate arms to all garages (except the SAFEAUTO Hospitals Garage and 12th Avenue Garage) today and are encouraging all staff on central campus to park in a garage rather than in a surface parking lot (regardless of the type of OSU permit that the customer has). Garage roofs, which are icy, should be avoided so we can clear the snow. Garage gates will go back down on tonight, February 17th, 2010, at 12:01am. Staff still parked inside garages will be allowed out at no fee.
All parking lots on campus have been plowed once, and crews will work to address problem areas throughout the day and evening. Due to the blowing snow, parking lots will be slippery. Customers are encouraged to use caution when driving and walking to/from the lots.
Due to the weather, CABS will have limited service today and will only be running the Campus Loop South (approximately 15 minute service) and the Med. Center Express (approximately 12 minute service). Please expect service delays throughout the day as slippery road conditions may delay buses in and around the campus area. Visit trip.osu.edu from your computer and mobile phone, or text OSUTRIP [space] [bus stop #] to 41411, using the numbers listed at CABS bus stops to receive real time bus arrival times. Customers who need the Handivan service can call 292-6202 for assistance.
Our office in 160 Bevis Hall will be CLOSED today. Many of the services provided by this office, such as permit sales, citation payments, and citation appeals, can still be obtained via our E-Services on-line site. In addition, you may use our on-line services to rent a vehicle or rent a CABS bus.
Ohio State Athletics has established a webpage with the most current information on athletic related activities.