Columbus campus is open Tuesday; in-person instruction canceled
Online classes will occur as planned
The Ohio State University
The National Weather Service is warning of a severe snowstorm in Ohio over the next 24 hours. Forecast models call for a mix of snow and ice for the Columbus campus and up to 12 inches of accumulation in some parts of Ohio.
The Ohio State University Columbus campus will remain open. Online or distance-learning classes will occur as planned on Tuesday, Feb. 16. Classes will not take place in person. Please check with leaders of other scheduled activities to be sure there are no other changes or cancellations. Continue to check the Department of Public Safety website for emergency related information or details on campus status.
As campus remains open, essential staff should report to work in alignment with their normal schedule. Any staff members with the ability to telework are encouraged to do so in consultation with their supervisor. For specific staffing questions, please contact your supervisor or HR Business Partner.
Most campus operations will remain open, including the Wexner Medical Center and clinical services. Additional information related to COVID-19 testing, transportation, parking and facility hours of operation is listed below.
COVID-19 testing at Jesse Owens North has been canceled for Tuesday (2/16). Anyone with an appointment at this location should reschedule via MyChart. Instructions for MyChart can be found at go.osu.edu/MyChartInstructions
The health, safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff is always our top priority. We will continue to monitor conditions and share updates online.
Ohio State’s Lima campus closed Monday (2/15) at 3 p.m. and will remain closed through Tuesday (2/16). More.
Ohio State’s Mansfield campus is suspending all in-person classes and activities from Monday (2/15) at 5 p.m. through Tuesday (2/16) at 11:59 p.m. Any teaching and work that has been conducted virtually during the pandemic can continue as usual. Only essential staff should report to work on the Mansfield campus on Tuesday (2/16).
Due to inclement weather and road conditions, the Marion campus is closed for Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2021. This includes all in-person classes and offices.
The Ohio State Newark campus will be closed on Tuesday (2/16). In-person classes will be canceled, while classes delivered remotely will occur as scheduled.
The CFAES Wooster campus will be closed on Tuesday (2/16), but all essential staff should report to work. All ATI classes (online and in-person) starting after 4 p.m. on Monday (2/15) are canceled. In addition, all classes/labs for Tuesday (2/16) are canceled. ATI expects classes to resume on Wednesday morning (2/17). More.
FACILITY AND CLINIC HOURS
Please check with your scheduled activities to be sure there are no other changes or cancellations. As a reminder, the following areas will operate as follows:
- Wexner Medical Center locations remain OPEN, with adjusted hours at the Schottenstein Center vaccination site and the Ohio State Fairgrounds testing site. More: https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/features/coronavirus/adjusted-hours
- Student Life’s Student Health Services remain OPEN, as scheduled.
- Campus dining facilities remain OPEN; visit https://dining.osu.edu/ for any service hour/operation updates.
- Recreational facilities remain OPEN; visit https://recsports.osu.edu/ for any service hour/operation updates.
- The Ohio Union remains OPEN; visit https://ohiounion.osu.edu/ for any service hour/operation updates.
- University Libraries are CLOSED Monday evening/Tuesday morning. They will REOPEN Tuesday at noon.
- The Ohio State University Optometry Services clinics remain OPEN.
- Ohio State Dental Clinics remain OPEN.
- The Ohio State University Veterinary Medical Center (Columbus and Dublin) remains OPEN normal hours and 24/7 for emergency care.
- The Speech and Hearing clinic is OPEN.
Please remember to take precautions while traveling in winter. Please follow @OSU_EMFP on Twitter or check emergency.osu.edu for any updates.
Before snow and ice start to collect, the university treats campus roadways and sidewalks. Staff remain on campus throughout the day and night treating and plowing, as needed. However, with significant snow amounts please exercise patience as roads and sidewalks will be covered even when crews are actively working. Plan ahead and allow extra time or avoid travel, when possible.
Students, faculty and staff can monitor the current campus conditions online. The website includes a live weather camera, updated weather conditions and current forecasts.