Associate Clinical Professor
Dr. Michael Brandl is an Associate Clinical Professor of Finance. He is teaches in, and is responsible for, the Global Finance and Financial Institutions course sequence in the undergraduate finance major program. He also teaches the Economic Analysis for Business Finance course in the Specialized Masters in Finance program.
Before coming to Fisher Dr. Brandl was a Senior Lecturer in Economics & Finance at the McCombs School of Business, in the Department of Government, Business & Society and in the Department of Finance at the University of Texas at Austin. Professor Brandl has extensive experience in teaching undergraduate, MBA and Executive MBA courses in economics and financial markets in the United States, Latin America, and Europe.
Professor Brandl’s academic research focuses on a historical examination of financial market developments in the North America, the Nordic countries of Europe, and in Latin America. He is interested in developing better empirical estimates of the role financial markets play in economic growth.
Areas of Expertise
- Global Finance
- Phd, University of Houston, 1996
- MA, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1989
- BS, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1986
- Undergraduate Program Teaching Award – Honors Program, Fisher College of Business, March 2014.
- Outstanding Graduate Faculty, Specialized Masters in Finance Program Class of 2013.
- Undergraduate Program Teaching Award, Fisher College of Business, February 2013.
- Outstanding Professor Award for the Class of 2010 from the Texas MBA at Houston Program, this was the fourth consecutive year of winning the award.
- Outstanding Professor Award for the Class of 2010 from the Texas MBA at Dallas/Ft. Worth Program, this was the third consecutive year of winning the award.
- Joe D. Beasley MBA Teaching Award at UT, 2008-2009
- Fawn & Vijay Mahajan Teaching Excellence Award for Executive Education at UT, 2009 - 2010
- The CBA Foundation Advisory Council Award for Teaching Innovation at UT for 2007-2008