Professor of Finance
Fisher College of Business
Topics: banking, stimulus, economy
Professor Buser co-coordinates the Student Investment Management program (SIM), which gives MBA-level students an opportunity to make investment decisions for the university. Under Professor Buser's leadership, the SIM class manages more than $15 million of the university's portfolio; over the last nine years, the students have consistently outperformed the S&P 500.
Dr. Buser's research has been published in the Journal of Business, Journal of Risk and Insurance and Journal of Financial Economics.He is an associate editor for the Journal of Finance, Journal of Housing Research and Housing Policy Debate.
He has served as a visiting professor at the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business and as a financial economist for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Dr. Buser teaches stock market, investments and corporate finance courses at the undergraduate, master's and Ph.D. levels.
Areas of Expertise
- Interest rates
- Valuation analysis
- Equities and fixed income securities
- Cyclical cash flows
- Ph. D., Boston College
- A. B., Princeton University
- Former Co-Editor, Journal of Finance
- Associate Editor, Journal of Housing Research, and Housing Policy Debate
- Former Associate Editor, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association Journal.
- Manuscript referee for:
- Journal of Financial Economics
- Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- Journal of Business
- Journal of Money Credit and Banking
- Housing Finance Review
- Financial Management
- Financial Review
- Journal of Financial Research
- Management Science
- Journal of Economics and Business
- Journal of Macroeconomics