Director, Ohio Sea Grant College Program, Stone Laboratory, Center for Lake Erie Area Research, and Great Lakes Aquatic Ecosystem Research Consortium, The Ohio State University
College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Topics: algae, water quality, water
How long have you worked at Stone Lab?
1971 - present
Where are you from?
Willoughby Hills, Ohio
Where did you do your studies?
BS & MS Fisheries Management, School of Natural Resources, OSU;
Ph.D. Environmental Biology, OSU
What’s your research about?
My work seems to focus in the following areas:
- development and synthesis of research priorities;
- facilitation of multi-investigator, interdisciplinary, proposals and projects to address priorities;
- synthesis, interpretation, and presentation of results for scientists, managers, decision makers, and the public;
- development and implementation of strategies to link managers and research scientists;
- development of the Stone Lab curriculum and hiring faculty;
- budget management, donor development, grant management, proposal writing.
What’s your favorite thing about Stone Lab?
The energy and enthusiasm of all involved with Stone Lab is contagious. The ability to observe problems, issues, and solutions first-hand is unbeatable. The diversity of issues being addressed is very stimulating. The island location is fantastic.
What are your hobbies?
Kayaking, hiking, fishing, conditioning.
Something else interesting...
Twin grandsons are a lot of fun!
Course Taught at Stone Laboratory
Sorry, nothing at the moment. Maybe next year...?