Professor of Human Sciences
College of Education and Human Ecology
Topics: substance abuse, runaway and homeless youth
- Ph.D. 1996, University of New Mexico, Clinical Psychology
- M.S. 1992, University of New Mexico, Clinical Psychology
- B.S. 1989, University of Washington, Psychology
- Families and adolescents with issues pertaining to:
- Substance use
- Child abuse
- High risk behaviors
- Development and evaluation of effective interventions for runaway and homeless youth and their families
- Sept. 2004 - Present Professor, Human Development & Family Science, The Ohio State University
- Jan. 2003 - July 2004 Research Associate Professor of Psychology, University of New Mexico
- Oct. 2002 - Oct. 2003 Associate Director, Clinical Research Branch, University of New Mexico, CASAA
- April 1998 - Jan. 2003 Research Assistant Professor of Psychology, University of New Mexico
- May 1997 - April 1998 Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico
- Slesnick, N., & Meyers, R. J. Outcome of CRA with Homeless Street Youth. NIDA grant No. R01 DA/MH 13549. 9/30/01 - 11/30/06.
- Slesnick, N., & Meyers, R. J. Treatment Outcome with Runaway Adolescents II. NIDA grant No. R01 DA016603. 7/1/03 - 7/31/08.
- Slesnick, N. & Prestopnik, J. L. (2005). Dual and multiple diagnosis among substance abusing runaway and homeless youth. American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 31(1), 179-201.
- Slesnick, N., & Prestopnik, J. L. (2005). Ecologically-based family therapy outcome with substance abusing runaway adolescents. The Journal of Adolescence, 28, 277-298.
- Slesnick, N., Bartle-Haring, S., & Gangamma, R. (2006). Predictors of substance use and family therapy outcome among physically and sexually abused runaway adolescents. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 32, 261-139.
- Slesnick, N., Bartle-Haring, S., Glebova, T., & Glade, A. (In press). Primary alcohol versus primary drug use among adolescents: An examination of differences. Addictive Behaviors.
- Slesnick, N., Bartle-Haring, S., Glebova, T., & Glade, A. (In press). Homeless adolescent parents: HIV risk, family structure and individual problem behaviors. Journal of Adolescent Health.
- Slesnick, N. (2004). Our runaway and homeless youth: A guide to understanding. Westport, CT: Praeger Publishing.
- Kaminer Y., & Slesnick, N. (2005). Evidence-based cognitive-behavioral and family therapies for adolescent alcohol and other substance use disorders. In M. Galanter (Ed.), Recent developments in alcoholism, Vol. XVII: Research on alcohol problems in adolescents and young adults. New York: Springer.
- Slesnick, N., Kaminer Y., & Kelly, J. (In press). Psychosocial interventions for adolescent substance use disorders. In O. Bukstein & Y. Kaminer (Eds.), Adolescent substance abuse: Psychiatric comorbidity & high risk behaviors. New York: Haworth Press.