Limited visitation returns at all Ohio State University hospitals, effective June 16
Beginning Tuesday, June 16, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center will allow limited visitation for patients staying in its hospitals. Due to ongoing concerns about Coronavirus (COVID-19), the following rules will apply:
• Each hospitalized patient can have one named visitor of their choice per day, as identified in the patient’s electronic health record. The visitor will be required to wear a provided wristband.
• No visitors under age 18.
• No visitors for COVID-19 positive and suspected COVID-19 patients, except for clergy in end-of-life situations as outlined in our visitor policy.
• Inpatient visitation is permitted between 2 p.m. – 7 p.m., seven days a week.
• All visitors must wear a face mask while in the building.
• We strongly encourage visitors to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving rooms and hospital buildings.
• We strongly encourage visitors to remain in the patient’s room during their visit and minimize exit and re-entry. Visitors may use public restrooms, the cafeteria and gift shop.
• NOTE: Critical care and other special environments may have additional restrictions.
No visitation is currently permitted, with limited exceptions, in our emergency departments or outpatient facilities.
All visitors to Ohio State Wexner Medical Center hospitals will have their temperature checked and be provided a mask. Visitors must be free of COVID-19 symptoms and have no exposure history.
Please continue to monitor our website for updates: https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/.