Ohio State announces search committee for university provost
Students, faculty and staff will guide process
The Ohio State University
President Kristina M. Johnson sent the following email to The Ohio State University community today (Dec. 10).
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
I write to provide you with details on the national search for Ohio State’s next executive vice president and provost.
I have asked Divisional Dean of Natural and Mathematical Sciences in the College of Arts and Sciences Dr. Susan Olesik and Executive Vice President for Research, Innovation and Knowledge Enterprise Dr. Grace Wang to co-chair a search committee of outstanding faculty, students and staff from multiple colleges and university units.
The committee will be staffed by Interim Senior Vice President for Talent, Culture and Human Resources Mr. Paul Patton, and we will be selecting a search firm according to standard university operating procedures. Additionally, we will stand up a search committee advisory group to help identify candidates. More information will be shared soon.
We are committed to a search process that is inclusive and represents the best values of the university community. I’d like to thank the following members of the university who have agreed to serve on the search committee:
- Co-chairs Dr. Susan Olesik, divisional dean of Natural and Mathematical Sciences and Distinguished University Professor, chemistry and biochemistry; and Dr. Grace Wang, executive vice president for research, innovation and knowledge enterprise
- Dr. Frederick Luis Aldama, Distinguished University Professor, Arts and Humanities Distinguished Professor in the Department of English, College of Arts and Sciences, and director of LASER
- Dr. Carol Bradford, dean, College of Medicine; vice president for Health Sciences at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Dr. Trevor Brown, dean, John Glenn College of Public Affairs
- Sarah Cole, JD, Moritz Chair in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Moritz College of Law
- Sarah Danelius, professional student, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Dr. Robert Gates, associate professor, Wildlife Ecology and Management, School of Environment and Natural Resources, College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Dr. Ann Hamilton, Distinguished University Professor of Art, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Sam Hodge, professor, Department of Human Sciences, College of Education and Human Ecology
- Dr. Ayanna Howard, dean, College of Engineering (will join search committee upon arrival at Ohio State)
- Daniel Lesman, undergraduate student, College of Medicine
- Dr. Raymond Noe, Robert and Ann Hoyt Designated Professor of Management, Fisher College of Business
- Dr. Alison Norris, associate professor, Division of Epidemiology, College of Public Health
- Dr. Tim A. Rehner, dean and director, Ohio State Lima; professor, College of Social Work
- Gene Smith, senior vice president and Wolfe Foundation Endowed Athletics Director
- Chrissy Sprouse, HR consultant, Office of Human Resources; chair, University Staff Advisory Committee
- Devin Swiner, graduate student, College of Arts and Sciences
- Liz Webb, undergraduate student, John Glenn College of Public Affairs; chief of staff, Undergraduate Student Government
- Paul Patton, interim senior vice president for talent, culture and human resources (staffing on behalf of the Office of the President)
I want to again thank Dr. Bruce A. McPheron, who shared earlier this month that he will step down from his position as executive vice president and provost on June 30, 2021. His service as provost will benefit Ohio State for years to come. I am confident that our search committee will help us find the next visionary academic leader for Ohio State who will build upon the university’s momentum.
Kristina M. Johnson, PhD