Ohio State Columbus campus in-person classes canceled
Online classes will occur as planned
The Ohio State University
The National Weather Service is projecting ice accumulation along with 3 to 4 inches of snow in Columbus on Thursday, Feb. 3.
The Ohio State University Columbus campus in-person classes are canceled for Feb. 3. Classes scheduled to meet online will occur as planned. Campus will remain OPEN. Please check with leaders of other scheduled activities to be sure there are no other changes or cancellations.
Any staff members with the ability to work remotely are encouraged to do so in consultation with their supervisor. As campus remains open, essential staff whose responsibilities must be done in-person should report to work in alignment with their normal schedule. For specific staffing questions, please contact your supervisor or HR Business Partner.
Most campus operations will remain open, including the Wexner Medical Center and clinical services. More information about weather impacts related to transportation, parking and facility hours of operation is listed below.
COVID-19 testing at Jesse Owens North has been canceled for Feb. 3. Anyone with an appointment at this location should reschedule via MyChart. Instructions for MyChart can be found at go.osu.edu/MyChartInstructions
The health, safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff is always our top priority. We will continue to monitor conditions and share updates online.
Plan ahead and allow extra time or avoid travel, when possible. Before snow and ice started to collect, the university treated campus roadways and sidewalks. Staff remain on campus throughout the day and night treating and plowing, as needed. However, with significant snow amounts please exercise patience as roads and sidewalks will be covered even when crews are actively working.
Campus Area Bus Service (CABS) frequencies may be reduced on the Campus Loop North, Campus Loop South, East Residential and West Campus routes. The Med Center Express will continue to run regular service. Riders are encouraged to utilize the Ohio State app for real-time CABS tracking and should anticipate service delays. For additional service updates, please visit ttm.osu.edu.
CampusParc crews continue to treat parking lots and garages but some rooftop parking will be closed due to icy conditions. All garage rooftops are closed except for 9th Avenue East Garage, 9th Avenue West Garage, Neil Avenue Garage and the SAFEAUTO Garage. Visit the CampusParc website for updates. More.
FACILITY AND CLINIC HOURS
Please check with your scheduled activities to be sure there are no other changes or cancellations. As a reminder, the following areas will operate as follows:
- Wexner Medical Center locations remain OPEN
- Student Life’s Student Health Services will be OPEN from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., visit https://shs.osu.edu/ for any service hour/operation updates.
- Campus dining facilities remain OPEN, visit https://dining.osu.edu/ for any service hour/operation updates.
- The Recreation and Physical Activities Center (RPAC) will be OPEN only from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. All other recreational facilities will be CLOSED, visit https://recsports.osu.edu/ for any service hour/operation updates.
- The Ohio Union will be OPEN from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., visit https://ohiounion.osu.edu/ for any service hour/operation updates.
- University Libraries are CLOSED.
- The Ohio State University Optometry Services clinics remain OPEN.
- Ohio State Dental Clinics remain OPEN.
- The Ohio State University Veterinary Medical Center (Columbus and Dublin) remain OPEN normal hours.
- The Speech and Hearing clinic is OPEN
- The Blackwell remains OPEN.
We recommend that everyone continue to dress appropriately for the weather and use caution while traveling.
- Wear layers of loose-fitting, lightweight, warm clothing.
- Wear outer garments that are tightly woven, water repellent, and hooded.
- Wear a hat – 40 percent of your body heat can be lost from your head.
- Wear mittens that are snug at the wrist; mittens are better than gloves.
- Try to stay dry and out of the wind.
When traveling around campus, remember that public transportation is available. You can find real-time CABS bus arrival information via the Ohio State app. Riding COTA? Visit cota.com for service info.
The university’s Department of Public Safety offers a real-time weather forecast online.
- Office of Student Life dining facilities
- Office of Student Life recreational facilities
- Office of Student Life Student Health Services
- University Libraries
- Ohio State College of Optometry
- Ohio State College of Dentistry
- Ohio State Speech and Hearing Clinic
- Ohio State Veterinary Medicine Clinic
- Wexner Medical Center staff info via HealthBeat Hub
- Parking information via CampusParc
Thursday, Feb. 3: ATI classes are canceled for Thurs. Feb. 3. This includes ATI online classes. The campus remains open.
Wednesday, Feb. 2: Ohio State Lima classes were canceled beginning at Noon for Wed., Feb. 2.
Thursday, Feb. 3: Ohio State Lima classes are canceled for Thurs., Feb. 3, and the campus is closed.
Thursday, Feb. 3: Ohio State Mansfield classes are canceled for Thurs., Feb. 3. While online class meetings will continue, there will be no in-person meetings. The campus is closed.
Thursday, Feb. 3: Ohio State Marion classes are canceled for Thurs., Feb. 3, and the campus is closed.
Thursday, Feb. 3: Ohio State Newark is closed on Thurs., Feb. 3, meaning in-person classes are canceled but remote classes and work will continue as scheduled. More info is available here.