Ohio State offers free face masks as spring semester begins
University encourages campus community to monitor evolving guidelines
The Ohio State University
As spring semester begins at The Ohio State University and COVID-19 continues to spread in the state, masks are still required in all indoor spaces on all campuses, regardless of vaccination status. This requirement also applies to CABS and other public transportation.
When dining on campus, community members and visitors are asked to replace their masks between bites and sips. Anyone, regardless of vaccination status, who has been exposed to someone who has COVID-19 should wear a mask for 10 days after that contact.
The guidance on the best type and fit of masks continues to evolve. Ohio State strongly recommends surgical or medical-grade disposable masks. Double-masking is recommended for those using cloth masks. University community members are encouraged to regularly check the CDC guidance on masks and other health and safety measures.
Free face masks are available for students, faculty and staff at a variety of campus locations, including: all residence halls, all recreation facilities, most university libraries and the Ohio Union information desk. Masks can be picked up during business hours, and details about locations are below.
Masks are available at circulation desks in the university libraries listed below. Hours can be found on the University Libraries website.
- 18th Avenue Library
- Architecture Library in Knowlton Hall
- Biological Sciences/Pharmacy Library in Riffe Building
- Fine Arts Library in the Wexner Center for the Arts complex
- The Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences Library & Student Success Center in the Agricultural Administration Building
- Geology Library in Orton Hall
- Thompson Library
- Veterinary Medicine Library in the Vet Med Academic Building
Masks are available at entrances of all recreation facilities.
- Recreation and Physical Activity Center (RPAC)
- Adventure Recreation Center
- Outdoor Adventure Center
- Jesse Owens South Recreation Center
- North Recreation Center
- Jesse Owens North Recreation Center (Also available in the COVID-19 testing location)
Masks are available at the Ohio Union Information Desk.
Masks also are available at the testing sites at each of Ohio State’s regional campuses and at the following locations:
- Lima: Nutrien Welcome Desk of the Perry Webb Student Life Building
- Mansfield: Campus Recreation Center
- Marion: Alber Student Center
- Newark: Adena Recreation Center
- Wooster: Student Activity Center