Pinnell headlines 2016 Alumni Award honorees
Columbus, Ohio – Gay Su Pinnell, who was instrumental in bringing the successful Reading Recovery program to the United States, is the recipient of The Ohio State University Alumni Association’s 2016 Alumni Medalist Award, the highest honor presented to a graduate of the institution.
Pinnell will be recognized for her contributions at the annual awards ceremony on Friday, Oct. 7, 2016, at the Ohio Union, 1739 N. High St., Columbus. A two-time graduate of Ohio State (MA Education, 1968; PhD Early and Middle Childhood Education, 1975), Pinnell is one of 11 alumni who will be recognized during the award ceremony. Other honorees include:
- Dan L. Heinlen Award: Dan D. Sandman (BA Social and Behavioral Sciences, 1970; Juris Doctor, 1973)
- Diversity Champion Award: Corbett A. Price (MS Health Administration, 1975)
- Josephine Sitterle Failer Award: Marialice S. Bennett (BS Pharmacy, 1969)
- Archie M. Griffin Professional Achievement Award: Alan W. Brass (MS Health Administration, 1973); Dr. William Chien Yeh Lee (MS Electrical Engineering, 1960; PhD Electrical Engineering, 1963)
- William Oxley Thompson Award: John C. Welch (BS Nursing, 2003); Hilary N. Tomeny (BA International Studies, 2006)
- Ralph Davenport Mershon Award: Jeffrey D. Logan (BA Journalism, 1978)
- Robert M. Duncan Alumni Citizenship Award: Bol B. Aweng (BA Arts, 2009); Peter A. Cline (BA English, 1991)
- E. Gordon Gee Spirit of Ohio State Award: BuckeyeThon
For more information on the Ohio State Alumni Awards, visit go.osu.edu/alumniawards.
Contact: Sarah Kelly, 614-247-4361, firstname.lastname@example.org