Scarlet Saturday livestream gives Buckeye fans chance to engage on game day
Virtual fan experience is centered on the Best Fans in the Land
With strict limits placed on fan attendance inside Ohio Stadium for the 2020 football season, the Ohio State Department of Athletics is inviting fans to participate in Scarlet Saturday presented by Coca-Cola, a livestreamed second-screen experience aimed at engaging Buckeye Nation at home.
The stream can be accessed via:
The livestream will begin at 11 a.m. with the debut of “Ohio State Football: Voices Episode 3” before the team head into Ohio Stadium on game day. More on the “Voices” series: https://go.osu.edu/fb-voices-series
Matt Andrews, sideline reporter for 97.1 The Fan FM, the flagship radio station for Ohio State Athletics, will preview each matchup and fans also will have the opportunity to enjoy virtual performances from The Best Damn Band in the Land.
Additional items fans can expect:
- Live statistical feed
- Player animations
- Fun, interactive features: Coach interviews, Backyard Buckeyes, trivia, etc.
- Peek-ins to fan Zoom rooms
- Antics from Brutus Buckeye (he has a lot up his sleeve for Nebraska)
- Most importantly… YOU!
Although fans are not in The Shoe cheering on the Buckeyes, Scarlet Saturday is centered on the Best Fans in the Land.
Ohio State will share pictures of fans wearing scarlet from home on the video board inside The Shoe and on the livestream for supporters, friends and family to see live.
We are accepting images and videos now at go.osu.edu/scarletsaturday and share on game day using #GoBuckeyes.
Scarlet Saturday is designed to accompany the many game day elements offered on Ohio State digital outlets:
Game Day Live
- Listen to the live Ohio State Radio Network audio broadcast with Paul Keels, former Buckeye All-American Jim Lachey and Andrews
- View a live sortable statistical broadcast
- Live photo gallery updated throughout the game
- A portal to the Scarlet Saturday livestream
- Listen to the audio broadcast
- Live statistical view
- Prep for Saturday’s game with all the information you need for the matchup between the Buckeyes and Cornhuskers
Ohio State social media channels
- Facebook: Facebook.com/buckeyes
- Instagram: @OhioStAthletics | @OhioStateFB
- Twitter: @OhioStAthletics | @OhioStateFB | @Brutus_Buckeye
- Tik Tok: @OSUBrutusBuckeye