Trustees name presidential search committee
COLUMBUS -- The Ohio State University's Board of Trustees today appointed a 24-member Presidential Search Committee to seek a successor to Dr. Karen A. Holbrook, who announced that she will retire from Ohio State on June 30, 2007.
“The Search Committee will develop a process and recommend qualified candidates to the Ohio State Board of Trustees. Our goal is to have a new president in place by the time classes begin in fall 2007,” said Judge Robert M. Duncan, chairman of the Ohio State Board of Trustees.
The Search Committee will be chaired by Alex Shumate, member of the Board of Trustees, and will include six other Trustees: Douglas G. Borror, G. Gilbert Cloyd, Jo Ann Davidson, Karen L. Hendricks, Robert H. Schottenstein, and Leslie H. Wexner.
Also on the committee will be:
* Seven members of the faculty: Kevin G. Boyle, Professor of History; Marilynn Brewer, Professor of Psychology; L. S. Fan, Distinguished University Professor, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering; Susan E. Metros, Professor, Industrial, Interior, and Visual Communication Design and Deputy Chief Information Officer; Terry A. Miller, Ohio Eminent Scholar in Experimental Physical Chemistry; Linda J. Saif, Professor of Food Animal Health at OARDC, and Veterinary Preventive Medicine; and Harald E. Vaessin, Professor of Molecular Genetics.
* Two Deans: Joseph A. Alutto, Dean, Fisher College of Business and Executive Dean for Professional Colleges; and Jacqueline J. Royster, Executive Dean for Arts and Sciences and Senior Vice Provost.
* Three students: Una M. Chung, Inter-Professional Student; Ryan M. Fournier, President, Undergraduate Student Government; and Waverly L. Gordon, President, Council of Graduate Students.
* Two administrators: Dr. Fred Sanfilippo, Senior Vice President and Executive Dean for Health Sciences; and Mac A. Stewart, Vice Provost for Minority Affairs and Chief Diversity Officer.
* One non-teaching staff member: Jay S. Young, Lead Network Engineer, Office of Information Technology and Chair, University Staff Advisory Committee.
* One representative of the Alumni Association: Archie Griffin, president and CEO.
* One representative of the OSU Foundation Board: Jack Lucks, Jr., chairman.