Slideshow: Ohio State Mobility Week underway with effort to engage and educate
- Mobility Week 2An electric car on display at the Gateway
- Mobility Week 3Lime scooters and bikes information booth
- Mobility Week 5
- Mobility Week 6An electric car on display at the Gateway
- Mobility Week 10An information event for Ohio State's Mobility Week
- Mobility Week 9An electric car on display at the Gateway
- Mobility Week 7ZipCar
- Mobility Week 8An electric car on display at the Gateway
- Mobility Week 4A prize wheel courtesy of Transportation and Traffic Management
- Mobility Week1An electric car on display at the Gateway
From scooters to electric cars to public transportation, The Ohio State University is educating drivers about their options for abandoning their gas guzzlers.
A portion of the Gateway at University District was turned into a showroom on Wednesday to highlight all of the ways to get around Columbus without owning a gas-powered car. It’s part of the university’s ongoing Mobility Week.
Electric cars from Honda, Nissan and Chevy were parked on the walkway along with displays highlighting options from COTA, Lime, Bird and ZipCar. Campus traffic experts and transportation researchers were on hand to talk about mobility at Ohio State.
Mobility Week is designed to educate and inspire students, faculty and staff to learn more about the transportation options that go beyond the single-occupant car. Representatives from Ohio State’s Corporate Engagement Office, the Center for Automotive Research, Transportation and Traffic Management, the Smart Campus student group and several community partners are involved in planning the week’s activities.
The week is part of the university’s ongoing effort to support the Smart Columbus campaign as the primary research partner. Columbus won the U.S. Department of Transportation’s first-ever Smart City Challenge and was awarded $50 million in grant funding to find new ways to improve mobility in central Ohio.
Go to the Mobility Week website to learn more about events this week: https://tco.osu.edu/mobility-week/