Winter weather could hamper commute to campus
A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from midnight tonight to noon on Wednesday for an area that includes the Columbus campus of The Ohio State University.
According to the National Weather Service, heavy snowfall totaling 2 to 4 inches will occur overnight and into the morning commute.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or freezing rain could cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery roads and limited visibilities. Drivers should use caution behind the wheel.
The safety of the campus community is the university’s top priority. Faculty, students and staff should remember to take precautions while traveling in winter weather.
- Plan ahead and allow extra time.
- Dress appropriately for the weather (boots, hat, gloves).
- While walking, take it slow to avoid slipping.
- While driving, allow additional distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.
- Know your route and pay special attention to changing and/or declining weather conditions.