Video: Ryan Day introduces 2019 coaching staff
Halftime introductions during men’s basketball game vs. Illinois
Ohio State football head coach Ryan Day introduced his 2019 coaching staff on Thursday evening during halftime of the men’s basketball game against Illinois.
“Thank you on behalf of our staff. I really want to say thank you to Buckeye Nation, first off, for all of your support,” Day said. “One of the things that was amazing to me this past season: We go to TCU in Dallas, we go to Indianapolis for the [Big Ten] Championship game, we go to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl and we come out of that locker room and we see the scarlet and we feel Buckeye Nation and we hear Buckeye Nation. It’s unbelievable and your support and loyalty means everything to us.
“That’s why our team gets up at 6 a.m. for mat drill on Wednesday. That’s why we go to work and that’s why our staff is here to make you guys proud. It’s for you guys, Buckeye Nation, so thank you.”
Day’s staff, his first as Ohio State’s head coach, consists of:
- Larry Johnson, associate head coach/defensive line
- Greg Mattison, co-defensive coordinator
- Jeff Hafley, co-defensive coordinator/secondary
- Al Washington, linebackers
- Matt Barnes, special teams coordinator/assistant secondary
- Kevin Wilson, offensive coordinator/tight ends
- Mike Yurcich, passing game coordinator/quarterbacks
- Tony Alford, assistant head coach for offense/running backs
- Brian Hartline, wide receivers
- Greg Studrawa, offensive line
Day’s staff features all of the offensive coaches from the record-setting 2018 campaign plus five new additions, including four on the defensive side of the ball.